Countdown to the final book of the Hunger Games!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

so so so hungry

Well, folks. I finished the Hunger Games today. About half an hour ago in fact. And I can't even believe how amazing it was. At first, I had a hard time reading it because it is a YA novel and I had just finished another amazing novel called The Name of the Wind, and the writing in HG is way less complex, and I've never been a fan of first person (although that's the way Ella Enchanted is written), or present tense. But, it still hooked me.
From the very beginning it had a very Ender's Game and Lord of the Flies feel to it, except in this case, it was from the point of view of a girl, which seems to be an uncommon occurrence in SciFi books. Yet, it's just so unexpected how it works out. I'm dying to get my hands on Catching Fire now.
I was sitting alone in my living room just now, eating it all up, and shouting for joy at the good parts and cringing at the bad parts. And nervous, still nervous to see what happens in the next book. I can't say too much about it without revealing the plot--which at one point I decided was completely predictable, and then it totally threw me for a loop.

I just want to recommend this book to anyone who wants to read an awesome book. But really. It's fantastic-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment