I edited this. I love making things with my hands and being creative.
My favorite superhero is Batman. Of course, technically, he's not even "super" hero since he doesn't have any out-of-the ordinary powers--just a lot of money to buy some really sweet high-tech gadgets.
Anyway, at first, the real reason why Batman is my favorite superhero is just that he's plain cool. I mean, seriously, the guy wears a batsuit and swings between buildings every night, taking out bad guys. Really, he kicks as much butt as Superman and he's just a normal human being--well, one trained by ninjas with awesome technology, but still. Bruce Wayne may seem like a wealthy, bitter recluse by day, but at night, he's making life better for the city of Gotham. He has a dark past, but he uses that as his inspiration to make the world better.
I just remember watching Batman on Saturday mornings as a kid, even though I thought it was a boy thing, I still watched it, mostly because my older brother thought it was cool, and if Clayton thought something was cool, then it definitely was. I think that's still true. And now there's no doubt that when it comes to superhero movies, the absolute best one that's ever been made is The Dark Knight. No contest. The writing, the cinematography, the music, the acting (Heath Ledger made himself a legend as The Joker), and let's face it, Christian Bale is a hottie.
I have such a hard time ending these. Years of English classes tell me I should sum this all up and conclude it, but everything I write sounds like a lame conclusion for an English class. Stupid English classes. Why did I never learn to write a cool conclusion?
This is a picture of Jessica Hagemeister, Landon Newton and I before we all left home. At this time, these two were my best friends. And whatever has happened between all of us since, I still have a lot of respect for the both of them. Jessica is on her mission in Croatia (which is so awesome), and Landon is at home working so he can go on his mission. I love him dearly. And he knows it ha ha.
These super awesome people are the people I went to San Diego with my freshman year at Snow College. In order, we have Michelle, Jesse, Steve, me, Jon, Angie, Trever, David, and Rachel. Steve, Jon, and David lived underneath me, and that always made me feel safe for some reason, knowing that they were there. They were just that awesome. Jon was one of my best friends, he's a real cool guy. And Jesse has really good taste in music and is one of the most upbeat people I know.
This is me with Kyle and Angie. Where do I even begin with these two? Angie is like the best thing that ever happened to me. She was my roommate at Snow, and I'm sure I would not have had half the good times at Snow that I had if she hadn't been there. We used to stay up super late talking, hang out with the boys, practice for our dance classes--one time we decided to learn some of the dances from Saturday's Warrior. She is happily married these days. Oh man, I miss that girl.
And then there's Kyle. I have so much respect for this guy. No matter what, I always know that if I talk to Kyle, he's gonna make me feel better about my life, because he's always so positive. And he's so fun, and I feel like I can just talk to him about anything. And most of all, he's such a good friend, not just to me, but to his other friends. Such a legit guy.
This was at my sister-in-law Malae's bachelorette party. In order, that's me, Malae, Shyanne (Malae's best friend), Jessica, Rachel, and Alexa. Words cannot describe how much I love Malae and how glad I am that she married my brother. Jessica is my cousin and was my roommate, and she's getting married pretty soon, which will be awesome. Rachel is my sister and I live with her and Alexa. I'm so glad that I'm living with those two girls, because it's basically a party all the time. I'm so grateful for the kind of friend that Alexa is to Rachel--she's the best.
Last, these are the people I've been hanging out with lately. That's me, Marcus, Michael, and Rachel. Marcus is so sweet and funny, and while Michael and I totally butt heads, I'm glad he's dating my sister because he's a really good guy, and he's tons of fun. Even when we're arguing he's kind of fun to argue with. My family is definitely gonna love him when he meets them this weekend.
So, I know, this is cheesy, but this is the newest thing in my life. His name is Marcus and he's pretty much the most adorable man ever.
Fifteen interesting things about me:
1. I had an extra tooth when I was a kid. It was just a baby tooth and when I lost it, there wasn't a new one in its place. Weird, right?
2. Sometimes, I'm sure I have insomnia because I just cannot fall asleep at night, even when I was younger. My mind is always racing.
3. I have always wanted to travel to London. I'm going to someday. For real.
4. I love to dress up in costumes. Which is why my job at Taylor Maid is perfect for me, because I get to dress up all the time, and not only that, but my costumes are actually legit. I will look for any excuse at all to wear a costume. I don't really know why, it's just really fun to me.
5. I have had 28 different roommates since I moved out of my house. And I can list all their names. Notice how many Amy/Aimees there have been: Angie, Makale, Terra, Jessica, Rachel D, Lauren, Nikki, Amy F, Judith, Destini, Amy, Laramie, Melissa, Aimee, Kendra, Nashelle, Winona, Makayla, Tiffany, Julie, Amy G, Lalitha, Rachelle, Caitlin, Cosette, Kira, Alexa, and my sister Rachel. Just think: that many girls have dealt with my messy tendencies. Well, I take that back because I was a clean freak when I lived with Judith, Destini and Amy.
6. I clean when I'm feeling really anxious and need something productive to do with my hands that doesn't take much thinking. Otherwise, I just don't bother ha ha. Hence why I cleaned so much when I lived in Creekside, because that was just not a good time of my life.
7. I really liked doing theatre when I was younger. I'd like to do more of it, but I don't really have that many opportunities right now. Shows I have done (onstage and backstage) are: Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Schoolhouse Rock, Once on This Island, Les Miserables, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Honk!, Guys and Dolls, Seussical, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Into the Night, Pickle Chiffon Pie, Grease, A Lie of the Mind, and Aladdin. I also wrote two One-Acts and directed one of them. I miss theatre.
8. My favorite animal is a kangaroo.
9. I love Harry Potter. Really I do. It's weird, I know, but I really appreciate a well-structured story that is not only a good story, but can teach you good values. And I love finding themes in those stories, which is kind of what this blog is supposed to be about, if I wasn't such a slacker.
10. I am ridiculously attracted to men with Peter Pan complexes. Probably because I have one too deep down, and I love it when they bring that out in me.
11. I have never broken a bone. Knock on wood.
12. I miss people a lot when they're not in my life anymore. I just get really, really super attached. I blame my parents for being so loving all the time. Even if things didn't end well, I still miss them. Like my two best friends from middle school/high school, Kelsey and Tristan. I'm pretty sure they have no idea that I miss them or that they even still cross my mind.
13. I am a crier. I really cry a lot. Like it's weird for me to get through a whole week without crying at least once, and depending on what's going on in my life, sometimes it's weird to get through a whole day. It's not always because I'm sad, I cry a lot when I'm happy or I see something beautiful. Just whenever I'm filled with a lot of emotion, it all spills out.
14. I love singing! Singing feels as good to me as kissing--which feels really good, or crying--which also, surprising or not, feels really good. It's the same kind of release I feel like. I love it. I love it so much. There will be singing in my house when I get married and have children. It will be music all the time!
15. I hope to be a writer someday. It may even be someday soon. ;) We'll see.
Ok, it's past midnight, but this post is for November 3rd. I will blog again tomorrow. It'll be a great time.