Countdown to the final book of the Hunger Games!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 7-Biggest Impact

When I think about what's made the biggest impact on my life, I can't think of just one thing. So I picked three.

First, there's my family. I love all of these people more than life itself. They are my best friends, and it's their love and their examples that inspire me daily. I can't even express how very very grateful I am to know each and every single one of them and how much joy it brings me to think that I can be with them forever. I'm seriously so blessed.



I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I love it. Nothing shapes my decisions more than knowing that I am a child of God and that He loves me. Looking at life through the Gospel lens shows me a more beautiful world and life than I could ever imagine on my own. I know I would be a different, and much less happy person without the Gospel in my life.
Also, this is a picture of the Manti Temple, which is special in and of itself to me. This is the closest temple to Snow College. My experience at Snow is not something I would ever trade. I learned so much there, and that has nothing to do with the amount of college credits I earned. There will always be a soft spot in my heart for Ephraim and the people I met there.


Last, anyone who's known me well for about the last 5 years knows how much this guy here has affected me. I'm not sure why, he's still one of the weirdest people I know. But he is also one of the most beautiful souls I've ever met. We're not as close as we used to be, but I still refer to him as my best friend when I'm telling people about him. He changed my life when I was in high school because for the first time I felt like I could be myself, and that I was a person worth loving. Life will take us both down different paths, but I'll never forget the kindness he showed me, and I will always be praying for his happiness. Because he deserves it.





No comments:

Post a Comment