Countdown to the final book of the Hunger Games!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 4-A Habit I Wish I Didn't Have

There are a lot of habits I wish I didn't have. But one in particular kind of messes with my life a lot, unfortunately. And that is that I am late everywhere to everything. I just have no concept of time, I guess, because I always think I have more time to get places than I do. This morning, for instance, I was meeting with an admissions counselor at BYU, and I had already decided I would work out first, then shower, then get ready to go. I've been out of cereal for the past week or so, so I didn't have to figure breakfast into my plan (which I hate), but even though I woke up just after 8 and my appointment wasn't until 10, I was still booking it in the frigid air with wet hair to BYU today. It was ridiculous. And I was really hoping to make a good impression.
The worst is when you show up late to church, and the bishop stands up at the podium and says how irreverent it is to show up late, and how that means you have no respect, and you know everyone's eyes are on you...and...yeah, it's no good.
I think, psychologically, this stems from the fact that I feel really awkward when I show up early to things, because I just don't know what to do with myself, sometimes. I mean, in some cases, I could socialize...but who really wants to do that, right? So, I end up trying to show up on time, right on the dot, and that never works out.

Maybe I should branch out and try to be social sometime, and then I'd always want to be early. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment